Office Relocation: Key Points
Moving to a new location can have a significant effect on your business. Such a move can potentially interfere with the company’s work environment and affect the company’s ability to provide services at its best.
That is why a business relocation should always be planned ahead. It takes a lot of time and careful planning to organize an efficient move of your office. You should clearly understand what exactly to pay attention to and what doesn’t matter at all. The way you and your team prepare for the move defines the quality of the process.
Today we’re going to provide you with some useful tips on how to prepare for, plan, and complete your moving process as efficiently as possible. But firstly, apply to a professional mover, which will help you to deliver your office stuff safely. One such moving company is http://topqualitymoving.com/moving-services/ – expert movers specializing in residential and office relocation.
5 Tips for Office Relocation
- Labels. Remember the following rule. If a box doesn’t have a label, it won’t move. Each box no matter whether it contains computer items or trash, should have a label indicating where it should go.
- If the desks will not be moved to a new place, they should be emptied. All of the contents should be carefully packed into boxes. Always double check each drawer to make sure you haven’t forgotten something.
- All files and folders should be packed into boxes vertically. Don’t mix documents from different departments in one box. Pack everything as it is in the office. For example, all items from one desk should be packed separately from all the items on the next desk. And don’t forget about marking everything with the labels. Make sure that every box is packed full with the very little space left over.
- One of the major components of moving is computer equipment. Smaller items like a keyboard and a computer mouse can be placed into a plastic ziplock bag and labeled. Large-scale items should be placed into boxes separately. But keep boxes with all components to one computer together. Don’t forget about using a lot of padding. Telephones also can be placed into a ziplock bag.
- If the cabinets have the keys, lock the drawers and tape the keys inside or to the front of the cabinet. This will help you to avoid losing the keys on a moving day. Pack a briefcase with essential items, principal documents, or current projects you will need on the first day at a new place separately.
Hopefully, these small tips will make your office relocation process as smooth as possible. Don’t postpone the move to the last few hours before the actual moving process. Preparation is crucial.