10 Must-See Photos From National Geographic’s Travel Photographer of the Year Contest
The entry deadline has passed and it’s time for the judging to begin. Who will be the 2016 National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year?
Submitted photos are placed in one of three categories: people, cities and nature. Each category will name its top three winners. The first place prize is a Sony a6300 camera; second place prize is The Art of Travel Photography on DVD; and the third place prize is the book Destinations of a Lifetime.
An overall winner will also be selected. The grand prize for this year’s contest includes a 7-day polar bear safari trip for two to Churchill Wild-Seal River Heritage Lodge and the title of 2016 National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year. Each winner will also receive a subscription to National Geographic Traveler magazine, according to the contest’s website.
Winners will be announced early July. Below are some entries that sparked EcoWatch’s interest. Visit the contest’s website to see all the entries.
1. Eternity by Johns Tsai
2. Preparing for tourism in Arctic Ocean by Esther Horvath
3. Seeking Within by Raul Espinoza
4. Incense Maker by Art Chen
5. Fishermen at sunset by email@example.com Evers
7. Cape Naturalist by Peter Evans
8. Save water, save fuel by Neelesh EK
9. Texas Cowboys by Zhuo Zhang
10. Synchronized swimming by Jamin Martinelli