Increasing Popularity of Live Gambling
Though live online casinos are fairly new, they have made quite a splash in the gambling world. The amount of convenience they offer is unprecedented, leading to a steady rise in wagers on various online casino sites. This all has been made possible through the latest advances in technology.
How do live dealer casinos work?
Live gambling or live online casinos combine the look and feel of the brick-and-mortar casinos with a complete immersive experience of the online casinos. Technology has a bigger role to play in the popularity of live dealer casinos.
Despite the name, the games are run in the real-time by a human dealer and players can participate via a console on their computer. The software or the Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology deployed by the casinos translate physical transactions made by the dealer into data.
The OCR captures every action of the player, including the shuffling of the cards, distribution of hands, and the spinning of the wheel, which makes the whole experience quite immersive, comparable to brick and mortar casinos.
These are a staple element of all the live dealer casinos as they need to stream the complete action. Increasingly, casinos are using smaller and powerful cameras. And, the placement and quantity vary as per the game. For example, in roulette, most of the casinos employ three cameras – one for the shots of the table, second for the wheel, and the third for the picture.
Game Control Unit
It’s one of the most important components that is attached to all the tables. Its job is to encode the video that is being broadcast. In reality, this heavy taskmaster is quite small in appearance, the size of a shoebox.
Some casinos offer it, depending upon the game. Most of the wheels come with built-in sensors and the casino software has to interface with them. A lot of time, the casinos’ partner with the wheel manufacturers to customize them as per their game offerings.
The dealer is the player-facing element, and the utmost importance is accorded. Most of these dealers are human and they undergo rigorous training for the job as they need to know the rules of the game. Some casinos also train them on light bantering sessions to engage the players.
This component is important for the dealer as it helps them to see what players can see on their screens. It enables dealers to keep a track of the bets being placed and take action whenever necessary.
Let’s see why live gambling is so popular.
More and more players choose to play with real dealers and that’s for a reason. Actually, there are even several reasons:
- Convenience. The number one reason for the popularity of live dealer casinos. Today’s fast life with short attention spans has made it difficult for people to go to traditional casinos. Live dealer casinos not only save a lot of time but also offer the same and better options to gamblers. You can place a wager sitting in the comfort of your home rather than venturing out on a cold night!
- Access to games. There are a lot of countries where gambling is illegal or unauthorized due to regulatory concerns. Plus, most of the big land casinos are usually located in bigger cities and often out of reach for people living in remote areas. Live dealers casino offers immediate access to such players, who can place real-money bets.
- A wider range of casino games. All the live dealer casinos offer a wide range of games to cater to different players. You will find many variants of roulette, blackjack, poker, baccarat, sic bo, and more in thousands of variations. Most of the casinos are using the latest technologies like AR and VR to make the experience as immersive as possible.
- 24/7 assistance. Live gambling avenues offer 24/7 assistance to players, which most often, isn’t available in land casinos. Also, all reputed online casinos are licensed by various international authorities like Malta Gaming Authority, Gibraltar Regulatory Authority, Kahnawake Gaming Commission, etc. This eases a lot of concerns of the players about the payments and any gaming issues.
- Fairness. All reputed live dealer casino games are tested for fairness by eCOGRA, a globally approved testing agency based in London. It not just regulates online gambling in several jurisdictions, but also offers regulatory compliance services to markets that are already regulated. It enforces fair and responsible gambling and exercises continuous monitoring and control. This element takes online and live dealer casinos a notch above the land casinos.
Live dealer online casinos are proving to be the real game-changer. And advanced technologies like AI and VR are further helping their cause. Plus, there are fabulous prizes to be won! So, what are you waiting for?